Does it matter very much who a Master or a guru is? What matters is life—not your guru, not a Master, a leader or a teacher who interprets life for you. It is you who have to understand life; it is you who are suffering, who are in misery; it is you who want to know the meaning of death, of birth, of meditation, of sorrow, and nobody can tell you. Others can explain, but their explanations may be entirely false, altogether wrong.
Questioner: Pardon me, but you have not said who was your Master.
KRISHNAMURTI. Does it matter very much? Burn the book, throw it away. When you give importance to something so trivial as who the Master is, you are making the whole of existence into a very petty affair. You see, we always want to know who the Master is, who the learned person is, who the artist is that painted the picture. We never want to discover for ourselves the content of the picture irrespective of the identity of the artist. It is only when you know who the poet is that you say the poem is lovely. This is snobbishness, the mere repetition of an opinion, and it destroys your own inward perception of the reality of the thing. If you perceive that a picture is beautiful and you feel very grateful, does it really matter to you who painted it? If your one concern is to find the content, the truth of the picture, then the picture communicates its significance.
🦾 5 Minutes To Better Human: Join 18,357 Humans→ TheBetterHuman.co
- Welcome to the Better Human Podcast Show, I’m Your Host, @ColinStuckert and I’m here to help you opt out of your broken society so you can take your thinking and and life into your own hands.
- We cover HOW to do this, How to think for yourself, How to be self-reliant, and How to challenge everything you've been told.
- Through that process, you'll become a sovereign human. That's the ultimate goal and how we make the world a better place one free better human at a time.
The Better Human Network
- Subscribe in your fav podcast app here
- Watch the podcast on YouTube
- Leave me a review on Apple Podcasts (much obliged)
- Get the Better Human Newsletter (Twice a week) → TheBetterHuman.Co
- Tweet me at @ColinStuckert or Instagram
📩 Feedback/Contact Form here
🦌 OUR FAVORITE COMPANIES 🥩
- 🦌WildFoods.Co → Better Foods and Supps for Better Humans - Code WILDCEO for 15% off
- 💰 Swan Force Bitcoin → How I buy Bitcoin daily/monthly, Auto-Buy, Best Fees for Buying BTC I’ve found
- 🥩 Crowd Cow → Small Farmers, Quality Supply Chains, Delicious/Nutritious
- 🐟 SizzleFish → Sustainably Sourced, Premium Quality, Wild Caught