“My life is for itself and not for a spectacle.” -Emerson
Social media has convinced you that you don’t exist unless you have an online following.
The irony with this is two-fold.
First, the things that get attention online usually need mass appeal or to watered down. What this means is to become popular online, you usually have to compromise Truth and appeal to convenient narratives; you have to operate in the online Overton window. Compare this to every genius and innovator we celebrate today—they were often ignored during their lifetimes. Few ever reached recognition that resulted in a lasting legacy during their lives.
“To be great is to be misunderstood.” -Emerson
Second, social rewards narcissism and an obsessive focus with externals. Obsessing over numbers, comments, likes, dislikes, what the algorithms are doing, etc., turns one into a slave tossed around this way and that. The deeper you go, the less control you have.
Max Truth -> Everything exists in your mind, and since you’re the only one living there, you have the ultimate power of your existence, and you will never escape this. So take ownership and control and figure out what motivates you and go out and live that life.
Finally, consider a quiet life. You don’t need your life to be a spectate for it to matter to yourself and the world. You’re better off by NOT making it a spectacle in most cases.
The Better Human Network
- Subscribe in your fav podcast app here
- Watch the podcast on YouTube
- Leave me a review on Apple Podcasts (much obliged)
- Get the Better Human Newsletter (Twice a week) → TheBetterHuman.Co
- Tweet me at @ColinStuckert or Instagram
📩 Feedback/Contact Form here
🦌 OUR FAVORITE COMPANIES 🥩
- 🦌WildFoods.Co → Better Foods and Supps for Better Humans - Code WILDCEO for 15% off
- 💰 Swan Force Bitcoin → How I buy Bitcoin daily/monthly, Auto-Buy, Best Fees for Buying BTC I’ve found
- 🥩 Crowd Cow → Small Farmers, Quality Supply Chains, Delicious/Nutritious
- 🐟 SizzleFish → Sustainably Sourced, Premium Quality, Wild Caught