My Story and Philosophy
I'm a thinker, entrepreneur, and father. I've been living on my own terms 15 years. That’s brought me success enough to “retire” and try things out. To keep busy and learning, I work on the projects below:
🎙 I podcast on topics related to being a more effective human in the modern world.
📬 This newsletter goes out twice a week.
💸 I’m pasionate about Bitcoin changing ithen world for the better: Bitcoin podcast
I don't like labels, though I'm starting to think I'm an "agorist," which is a free-market anarcho-captalist that believes in opting-out of the current system and engaging in "profitable civil disobedience."
I'm Nietzschean in my pursuit of the Overman.
I believe free markets are our best chance at a fair and equitable world.
Democracy is nothing but a parasite masquerading around as righteous endeavor.
Government is coercion through a monopoly on violence, and politics are a charade to prop it up by giving the masses an illusion of control.
I believe in freedom and human sovereignty and natural law.
I don't believe that the laws and governments created by others are moral or right or just or applicable to me.
My Philosophy on Government
Property rights must be the foundation of any just government.
If there should be any government at all, it should exist only to protect personal property rights, and everything beyond that scope is a violation of natural law and is thus unjust.
Society should protect the individual above all else. No exceptions.
If it does, it will get the better world that so many collectivists claim to want because it will result in a society of willing actors pursuing their happiness through free markets, which are the byproduct of willing actors each pursuing their happiness as they see fit. And this is how you get prosperity, as it has been shown by EVERY SINGLE prosperous nation in history.
Democracy, socialism, and other collectivist ideas are a violation of natural law because they are based on taking from one—using violence—and giving to another.
"Democracy is indispensable to socialism." -Vladimir Lenin
My Philosophy on America
I believe America can be great, and it has slivers of greatness in its history. Unfortunately, it has become a Frankenstein as a byproduct of the problems inherent in democracy—corruption, lobbying, crony capitalism, and politics, identity politics, war, colonialism, public officials having no skin in the game, etc.
2020 woke me up to politics and how precarious the "freedom" I've enjoyed my whole life is.
I believe the constitution and bill of rights are the best documents ever created for protecting these ideals. The fact that most of the founding fathers were libertarian or had libertarian ideals should tell you all you need to know.
My mission in life is to help build Better Humans by exposing the status quo, educating as many humans as possible and helping them think for themselves and from first principles, and to promote Freedom and Sovereignty for humanity through education and Bitcoin (the greatest tool for freedom humanity has ever found).
Principles For Life
- Health is the foundation of everything—to enjoy life, enjoy hard work, enjoy results, and to do it all for a long time, you must prioritize health. Anything else is stupid.
- Relationships are mostly all that matters for a happy life. And the quality of your relationships is based on depth, not breadth.
- Agency and personal responsibility are the only things. Nothing exists outside your control.
- Fear is a contagious disease.
- The status quo is usually wrong and often based on simple explanations that lack scientific rigor.
- They are also always manipulated when politics get involved.
- Thinking for yourself is the only way to think. Everything else is at risk.
- Property rights are natural law. Anything that violates them violates nature and humanity and should be destroyed. There are no exceptions here, which is why 99% of the political bickering can be thrown out the window as nothing but mental masturbation and entertainment, and tribalism.
- The only person you can ever fully trust is yourself, which means you take full ownership of everything that happens in your life.
- If someone surprises you, it's your fault. Learn and grow.
- A growth mindset is the only mindset. Everything else is devolving.
- The only way to think is from first principles—what you can reasonably reduce to a known truth. From there, knowledge should be built up. (Most people accept whatever society or the people around them say and never go deep to understand. So they become walking, talking automatons, sheep.
- The individual is what matters. Protect it at all costs.
- The Greater Good is evil.
- Studying history is the first step. Accepting it comes next, and is often the hardest thing to do.